Silicon Valley Leave of Absence Lawyer

Silicon Valley Leave of Absence Lawyer


Many employers don’t understand the law when it comes to employee leaves. If your employer denies your request to go on leave or retaliates against you for taking leave, you may be entitled to compensation.


There are many different kinds of employee leaves in Los Angeles California. Here are some examples and or reason for hiring a Lawyer:


Sick leave (To care for certain family members who have a serious health condition)

Pregnancy leave (For the birth, adoption or foster care placement of a child)

Maternity or paternity leave to care for a newly born or adopted child

Medical leave to care for yourself or a family member

Disability leave

Military leave

Leave for jury duty

Workers compensation leave due to work-related injury


Protecting Your Right to Take Family or Medical Leave in California


If you need to take time off from work to recover from a serious health condition or to care for a family member who has a serious health condition, you may be protected by a law known as the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). The California Family Rights Act is a California law that provides similar, but better, protection. The CFRA and FMLA do not protect all employees. In order to fall under the CFRA or FMLA your employer must have more than so employees, you must have been employed 1250 or more hours during the year before your new leave and not have taken more than 12 weeks of CFRA/FMLA during the last year.


I am Karl A. Gerber, founder and lead trial attorney of the Employment Lawyers Group. If your employer has denied your right to take FMLA leave or had retaliated against you for taking leave, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact us to discuss your case, your options, and whether you qualify for leave under the FMLA or whether there is a legal exception. In Southern California, we have offices in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles and Oxnard. We handle cases in all parts of California.





Call now and find out if you have a case right over the phone.


Contact Us...

Submit a form, find out if you have a case